Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart...where?



As I stroll through this Christmas break, I am so thankful for the time that I have been able to spend with the Lord. It has been so sweet and joyful. He is teaching me so much about myself and how much more I need to rely on Him.

On Christmas Eve, my family and I attended our church, Northpark Baptist, to celebrate and remind ourselves of what the true reason for the season is all about. It was such a great service. Not only did I get to see and catch up with many friends, young and old, who were there from college or those whom are there still but since I am at school I have lost touch. Seeing those people in my life who really influenced me as a person was a blessing.

Bro. Bill, our pastor, gave a wonderful message on my favorite word, JOY. The true meaning of joy has been so evident in my life this past year of 2011. The Lord has filled my heart with His joy and overwhelmed me with His presence and plan for my life. Bro. Bill used the word joy to remind me and the church body of how joyful are lives should be when we have the Lord in our lives and are walking with Him daily.



As Bro. Bill shared his sermon, he went on to an even further study of the word Joy...

*J...stands for Jesus
*O...stands for others
*Y...stands for you

When you are living your life in this order, you will be walking in true joy. I have learned lately that when I am serving others, I am most joyful. Joy is so much different from happiness. Joy is everlasting, happiness is emotional based, which, as a woman, can be pretty up and down depending on what day it is. When we have the Lord and we are walking in His ways, we do not have to worry about what day it is, if I can be happy or sad today, or even if someone has wronged us. We can still have joy no what what the day, circumstances, or person we have been hurt by.




Praying for you today and that you will find JOY no matter where you are in your life or how you are feeling. He is a constant source of joy for me and He can and wants to be the same for you :)





How can I pray for you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment