Friday, December 30, 2011

God's mercy in my misery.

As I mentioned in the last post, I am reading Jesus+Nothing=Everything. It has already blessed me in so many ways. I am learning so much about myself and what I have been looking for in contentment and security. I will review Chapter One and things I highlighted from the chapter:

1. With God-fueled fire in his eyes, he reminded all of us that bearing fruit requires death. Jesus said we must die in order that we might live. Daily Christian living, in other words, is daily Christian dying: dying to our trivial comforts, col-shrinking conveniences, arrogant preferences, and self-centered entitlements, and living for something mush larger than what makes us comfortable and safe. God does everything through people who understand they're nothing, And God does nothing through those who think they're everything.

2. "I was learning the hard way that the gospel alone can free us from our addiction to being like-that Jesus measured up for us so that we wouldn't have to live under the enslaving pressure of measuring up for others."

3. By His liberating word...I am being transformed, freed, refreshed.

4. He stripped me down-wrecked me afresh! And when he does that to a person-when you actually feel like you have nothing but Him-Jesus becomes more to you than you could ever hope or imagined.

5. Because Jesus was strong for me, I was free to be weak.
Because Jesus won for me, I was free to lose.
Because Jesus was someone, I was free to be no one.
Because Jesus was extraordinary, I was free to be ordinary.
Because Jesus succeeded for me, I was free to fail.


If you have not heard, Casting Crowns has a new CD that is so amazing. It is called Come to the Well. The song come to the well is so so great! I added the video below, please watch and listen to the words. It definitely spoke to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment