Thursday, December 29, 2011

Jesus + nothing = everything.

For Christmas, my parents gave me a wonderful book that my mentor, Lauren Bush, told me to read. It is called Jesus plus nothing equals everything by Tullian Tchividjian



It has really been a blessing and I am only a chapter into the book. I will be sharing more as I work my way through it! It is truly something that brings so much to life for a Christian. How true the title even to my life...Jesus plus nothing, equals everything. What a true statement. Every girl struggles for the perfect man, life, body, hair, clothes, car, grades, future, etc. We cannot hope for these things, although we can dream and pray for these things, we cannot put our value in these things. We must hope in our Lord Jesus, HE is everything we needed yesterday, today, and meets all of our needs tomorrow. He is before and after everything we do! How comforting.



When you are struggling with doubt or insecure about your future, trust in Jesus' constant love and peace. HE will bring everlasting joy no matter what the circumstance in your life. He has such a purpose and plan for my life and yours. Believe this.




because Jesus was strong for me, I am free to be weak.
because Jesus won for me, I am free to lose.
because Jesus was someone, I am free to be no one.
because Jesus is extraordinary, I am free to be ordinary.
because Jesus succeeds for me, I am free to fail.





Lord, I give you all the glory. Cleanse me in your righteousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment