Saturday, August 27, 2011

Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it.

O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love; Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.

As I grow in my relationship with the Lord, I have come to realize how weak I am, how human I am, how flawed I am, and how much I need His grace with every breath I take.

So when we sing, 'Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,' we are not thinking of the nearness of place, but of the nearness of relationship. It is for increasing degrees of awareness that we pray, for a more perfect consciousness of the divine Presence. We need never shout across the spaces to an absent God. He is nearer than our own soul, closer than our most secret thoughts. --A.W. Tozer

I am so weak. Jesus is the only one who can come and heal me. He is the only one who can bring joy and fulfillment to my life. Why do I not recognize this on a daily basis. Lord, hear my prayer! For I am in need of Your everlasting grace. I am prone to wander, prone to leave, and cling to worldly things.

Francis Chan once asked what would happen if you thanked Jesus every time you take a breath. What a picture of His grace for our lives. He literally gives us every breath. Breathe and thank the Lord for every breath, it will give you a new prospective on how vast His love and grace, and forgiveness really is in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment