Saturday, June 18, 2011

Becoming the woman of his deams

Lately, as all girls do, I feel as if I am constantly searching for the perfect guy.

Is this him? He is cute? What's his name?

M sister and I constantly talk about mutual friends, how every story we read, they met through mutual friends. Which, I am in need of apparently! haha but hey, I've come to realize that I am not ready yet and he must not be ready to meet me either. We are being prepared for each other! How exciting. It is certainly a desire of my heart to be married and I know that the Lord will give me and fulfill that desire for me in His timing.

I have just finished a WONDERFUL book called Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes. It talks mainly about the seven qualities that Christian men look for in a wife. At the end of the book, the author talks about prayer and the effect it can do for your future husband.

Praying Scriptual Prayers for Your Future Husband from Head to Toe:

1. His head- Help him to take the leadership role in our future home and seek Your wisdom in every decision he is making and will make in the future.

2. His mind- Lord, I pray for his mind, I know that You do not give a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind. I pray he willnot be conformed to this world but transformed by Your word. Every spiritual battle of temptation is won or lost at the theshold of the mind. Keep him in perfect peace, Lord.

3. His eyes- I pray that You will steer his eyes away from temptation today. From the internet to women he may meet. Open his eyes to see Your greatness in creation and to see Your mercies are new every morning. May he look to You for strength.

4. His ears- I pray for You to lead him from temptation by what he hears with his ears. May he hear Your still small voice today. I pray he will wal away from jesting, filthy talk, and off-color jokes.

5. His mouth- I pray for the words of his mouth to be pleasing to you. I pray that no unwholesome word would come from his mouth. Set a guard over his mouth and keep watch over the door of his lips.

5. His hands- Lord I pray for the work of his hands. I pray he will enjoy the good things of life. I pray that he will find purpose in his hands for You. Whatever he does with his hands, I pray that he is working to the best of his ability for You.

6. His heart- Lord, I pray for his heart. That he will love You more than he will love me. I pray that he will love You with all his heart. Bless him with a sincere heart full of faith.

7. His feet- Lord, I pray you will order my husband's steps today so that his eyes will look straight ahead and fix his gaze on You. I pray that he will walk in truth, in light, and in life. I pray he will walk in Your truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment