Sunday, July 11, 2010

But God...

Good Evening/Morning!

I am usually not a late blogger, ever! I am normally in bed by now due to my early mornings with Rick and Bubba. But, I was doing my bible study, which is absolutely changing my life. Its called Becoming A Woman of Freedom by Cynthia Heald. It is truly changing my life each day.

Tonight, the lesson was on running with complete faith and trust, laying aside doubt and fear. The reason why I am blogging is the sentence, "But God." It is a simple, two letter word that is life changing.

The author is constantly stating that although everything is busy and unfulfilling on this earth, we can always say to our problems, "But God, He saved us." The study is concluding the chapter, but it is showing that though this life is hard, confusing, disappointing, we have the Lord. But God is always there, He is everlasting, the stronghold. He is our hiding place when we are fearful, and our confidence when we are doubtful. But God, He has pledged Himself as our defense, our refuge, our strength. But God has calmed the storm for many of His children, His believers who love Him with all their heart.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong through the Lord, my God."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Always have a But God mindset in response to your shortcomings, your confusion, your doubts, and your fears.

"Those who trust God most are those whose faith permits them to risk wrestling with Him over the deepest questions of life. Good hearts are captured in a divine wresting match; fearful, doubting hearts stay clear of the mat. The commitment to wrestle will be honored by a God who will not only break but bless. Jacob's commitment to wrestle with god resulted in the wounding of his thigh. He would never again walk again without a limp. But freedom in his heart was worth the price of his shattered limb." *Dan Allende

1 comment: