Sunday, July 18, 2010

A mighty fortress is our God

A Mighty Fortress

Our God is, a consuming fire,
A burning holy Flame, with glory and freedom
Our God is, the only righteous judge,
Ruling over us with kindness and wisdom

We will keep our eyes on You
We will keep our eyes on You

A mighty fortress is our God
A sacred refuge is Your Name
Your Kingdom is unshakable
With You forever we will reign

Our God is, jealous for His own
None could comprehend, His love and His mercy
Our God is exalted on His throne
High above the heavens
Forever He's worthy...

We will keep our eyes on You
We will keep our eyes on You

We will keep our eyes on You
We will keep our eyes on You
So we can set our hearts on You
Lord we will set our hearts on You!

Oh my! How these late posts are going to kill me! I always want to write late, when I have had revelations! I am loving this song by Christy Nockels. It is absolutely amazing. This summer has been so hard, I know, me, the always upbeat and positive person says that. But it really has, the Lord has been working in me, although, sometimes, it felt like He was working against me. I know that all my testing was coming for refinement. In Luke, Jesus, Peter, and our enemy Satan, were talking at The Last Supper. Jesus said to Simon (Peter), "Simon, Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you like wheat. And I am going to pray for you, Simon, that your faith will not fail and you will be strengthened." As a God fearing young woman, I was blinded by the fact that Satan comes to those who are running towards the Lord, those whose ways are blameless and pure. Satan wants to sift us and make us nothing, but the Lord has a plan in it all.

As I said at the beginning, this summer has been hard. It has been a wonderful summer, but it has been hard in the fact that the Lord is has refined me daily. Until tonight, I have realized all along that His plan for this summer was to totally get me stripped of everything. He wanted to make me, and mold me. And that He has done and will continue to do. I think a lot of my problem was pride in the fact I felt like I would never experience hardship as a Christian. I felt like if I did everything right, on the outside, everything in turn would be right on the inside. Oh, how backwards did I have it! And the Lord showed me that, through every scenario and situation I was faced with.

Also, my bible study that I am doing is teaching me so much about Job and his life. I use to read and hear about his life, thinking, "Wow, that really is a terrible act of Satan and I hope nothing like that opens to me!" Oh, me, how I have learned to not leave a door open for Satan. Here is a glimpse of the conversation that the Lord had about Job to Satan in the book of Job:

Then the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him. he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. Try him and seek him out, but, you cannot lay a finger on him."

The Lord was refining Job, showing him his pride about his life, his possessions, and his perfection of his flesh.

It is 2 AM and I am so burdened for those who are experiencing hardship without understanding. There is a God who loves you so much, He wants to refine you, not destroy you, just teach you and mold you into who He wants us as Christians to be.

The whole chapter of Psalm 119 is my life chapter, not verse. All 176 verses are my life verses. Each hold so much promise and security. I would write them all down, but it would be better to just look at it straight from the bible.

I am so thankful for this summer, I had so much free time and that is where the Lord really made me examine myself as a woman of His character. Although, I would not want to go through this refinement again, He is teaching me that to become more like Him, we must be tried and tested, be thought about and led.

"Search me, oh God, and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way of everlasting life."
Psalm 139:23

Thank you for reading and listening to what is on my heart.

Please be aware of the process of refinement and know that the Lord is in control, and though we walk through the shadow of death, we will not fear, for He is always beside us.

Place your life in His hands, :) for He is all we need!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment