Saturday, July 3, 2010

My hands are holding You

HAPPY 4th of July!

I am so sorry that I have not blogged lately, the internship and work at Noah's Park has consumed my time! I am totally loving to blog still, but nothing really happens during the week!

Life is good, but God is teaching me so much this summer. I have learned to fully rely on Him, in ANY situation. I think that having a year of college was hard, everything is so busy, and being home has given me a chance to have more time and get a steady quiet time. Every day, He is showing me how faithful His love is to me. It is unobtainable.

His timing is perfect, in every sense. But sometimes we so long to make our own time and say we want this now, we want to be happy now, we want everything in the now. But, the Lord is working and His now might not be tomorrow or next week. That is what He is teaching me. To always, no matter what, place my life in His hands. I wake up and I have to die to myself, I have to give my worries and requests to Him, and let Him handle EVERYTHING! Which is so hard, I want to be in control, but when I am in control, nothing is done for Him. It is all for my gain, not for His. So, I have learned that each day, it is a new battle, a new opportunity. Each and every day the Lord has my life in His hands. But its the first step, placing it in His hands, is where I fall short. If we only take that one little step, "Lord, you are in control, take me and mold me. You are bigger than my plans today, to you be all the glory." A song by Tenth Ave North is so great...here are the lyrics...

By Your Side

Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away

Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life

Why do we strive? Why do we fight?

He gives us life, that should be enough.

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:1-2

Sorry to get off on a tangent :)

No comments:

Post a Comment